Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 11 April 2006

that bloody hill again....


Call it the Gold Coast Hill, the Medina Hill or just 'that hill' it sure does get the heart racing and thats after a decent session of 1min x8 with variable resting a la Pats stopwatch style!
It was so good though, I felt great this morning, even though I had my least favourite 'clompers' on my feet. I bought these shoes on recommendation from the running shop almost a year ago but have always found them a bit heavy to run in really, thought I should give them an outting this morning though.

So K's are notching up nicely now. I have not entered the 10km on Friday as I was asked to help out instead, they seem to be really low on volunteers if they are recruiting individually, I figured I get a lot of out of running and the running community, so missing one race would be okay. Plus I am really keen on upping the mileage ready for GCM rather than hitting out 10km pb's (okay, so that is in the back of my mind also!) at the moment, and this will mean I'll do a long run at the weekend intead. I'm heading up to Coolum on Saturday for a couple of nights, it'll be nice to have somewhere new to run.

2 Comments:

At Fri Apr 14, 11:19:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

On marathon day you are going to be so grateful to Pat for making you run up that hill so often in training. Meanwhile I still think its fair to grumble under your breath about him ;-)

 
At Fri Apr 14, 11:31:00 am, Blogger miners said...

nice piccie chelle - it's been a while since I've caught up with you though - which one is you again? ;)

Hey, those shoes sound fantastic for your resistance training. Make any shoes seem like racing flats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home