Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 6 April 2006

This morning was a 50minute easy run, followed by a no-watch 1km. Its a bit like a reward for doing the TT I think. I ended up running with Jacquie, who I think if probably a bit faster than me, this is for the best though, stops me from slacking off :) At 28mins, the turnaround point we were just about by Merthyr Rd bowls, the smallest of knee niggles, but on the whole I was feeling pretty good, if perhaps a little dehydrated by the time we got back to the Gardens.
I had put down 4.50 as my 1km time and came in at 4.59... not too bad, Tess was better though and got it smack on!

In the anouncements today one of the girls received a Pat Medal for 3 consecutive faster times at the TT. She's already so fast, its just incredible to think she's still getting faster, good inspiration too for when the inevitable plateaus hit from time-to-time.

I am definitely loving running at the moment, if it wasn't for it being the unsensible choice I would be up again tomorrow I think :)

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 06, 06:38:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

It was another great session this morning Chelle. You must be so pleased to be back into it!

Thanks so much for showing me the stretches etc. Sometimes I think I get more useful info from ex ITB sufferers than I do from the physio.

How happy was Glenda to get that medal! When you think she is such a great runner and must have squillions of medals and trophies and things, it was fantastic to see her so excited about finally getting a PCRG one.

 
At Fri Apr 07, 05:06:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

like to hear about this "loving running" stuff. Glad to hear that the start of the year's been so good for you Chelle

And thank you hugely for your support and interest in the little IM campaign over the last few months. It's been great to know you've been keeping a watchful eye on things. Can't wait to give you a big hug to thank you when I'm up in a few weeks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home