Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 20 June 2006

3K Time Trial

Hee hee, what a fun morning, there were drums, cameras, lights and definitely lots of action!

I would have loved a pb this morning, but who wouldnt. I thought better of putting that pressure on myself, although secretly I was aiming for 12.40, I knew on this occassion I actually would be okay about not reaching it for a multitude of reasons. I havent had time to look at my splits yet, it was pretty dark out there this morning, I couldnt see my watch to well while running so I'm really not sure. I know I started out too fast though, then slowed until the turnaround and then just headed for home best I could. I came in at 12.49, joint 2nd best time, so can't be too unhappy with that.

Lots of big PB's out there today though, so good to see, especially when its the fasties, like Tara and Clairie who are still managing to get out there and do so well. I had to nip off quickly for a 7.30am meeting, would have loved to have hung around for longer though, such a great atmosphere.

Tomorrow morning I am not running, I am still setting the alarm for 4.30am though and instead of pounding the pavement will watch England play footy, I mean soccer :) Will try and do a gentle run on Wednesday night instead.

6 Comments:

At Tue Jun 20, 04:42:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow Chelle, you were oooh so close this morning. Wish I had've known, I would've pulled my finger out and stirred you up. Would've done both of us a favour. Dang!

While you're in the warmth and comfort of your living room tomorrow morn I'll be freezing my butt off at South Bank .... lining up for Robbie tickets. Lets wish eachother luck!

 
At Tue Jun 20, 04:48:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

no, you were right the first time - it IS football, and I'll be joining you for that game tomorrow morning.

Great run too - when is the film being released?

 
At Tue Jun 20, 09:49:00 pm, Blogger Toasty said...

This is .... I mean without doubt ...... TAPER WEATHER!!!

 
At Tue Jun 20, 11:14:00 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

The football doesn't kick off till 5:00am, so get an extra half hour's sleep.

 
At Wed Jun 21, 07:49:00 am, Blogger Clairie said...

Did you enjoy the game :)

You did great yesterday and you were working hard - which is all anyone asks of themselves.

I do think however that your other runs to date put you at a pace much faster than a 12:40. You should be looking at sub 12 for sure.
If you can get out there and do your long long runs just over 5min pace then you have it in you to go faster. I might have to keep my eye on you at speed work and make sure you are busting a gut..... I am always just waiting to hear how great you are going since coming back from injury so warn everyone.....
WATCH THIS SPACE - this woman is heading for some big things!!!!

 
At Wed Jun 21, 04:00:00 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

The draw was fine to see them through on top of the group.
I'm looking at a wed pm run shortly as well...in the pouring rain. The hot shower will be my carrot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home