Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Monday 19 June 2006

Niggly Knee

The knee is a bit sore again, I feel it could just be me looking out for things to go wrong before GC, still, I will be doing some real stretching sessions between now and then, and after TT tomorrow I plan on being as nice to myself as I can be. On Saturday I went out and did 19km in 1.40, it was meant to be a 2hour run, but after three false starts because my dog has worked out how to jump the fence I was a bit short of time before I needed to be somewhere else.
Averaged 5.16's I think and felt pretty good the whole run. Knee was only sore after I stopped running, which is pretty much the go with that particular niggle.

4 Comments:

At Mon Jun 19, 01:27:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

19km in 1:40!!! Thats not a training run...that's a race!

Excellent effort, what are you aiming for at the TT?

 
At Mon Jun 19, 02:23:00 pm, Blogger Chelle said...

Now I am questionning how far I ran... have just double-checked with Ms Garmin... blog entry stands :)

No pressure on the TT.. um, pb's are always nice though!

 
At Mon Jun 19, 02:38:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

All sorts of niggles and things raise their ugly heads leading up to a big one like this. Maybe our bodies object to the cutback in training. Who knows.

See you in the morn. Remember we are being videoed so don't forget the lippy :-)

 
At Tue Jun 20, 12:44:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

great effort over that distance chelle - despite the nigglyknee. hope you're not bringing it to GC with you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home