Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 16 June 2006

Quick catch up

After Saturdays very long and slightly painful long run, I actually recovered pretty quickly. My legs were tired on the Saturday night, so I took the real runners recovery option on when Matty & I went the Lions game and wore my skins under my jeans.. helped keep me warm too! Come Sunday I was perfectly fine again.

I have found my legs and generally me feeling really tired this week. Pats session on Tuesday was fairly intense, then on Wednesday morning I did my usual loop and my per/k was slower than my long run on Saturday.. hmmmmm. Wednesday night I went to State of Origin (yaaay!) so gave myself slightly longer in bed Thursday morning and opted to do Pats session on Friday instead. Fridays session was 2 x 5mins and then who-knows how many hill reps in the gardens, before finishing it off with a run to the Vulture St lamppost. I only worked at about 80% on the hills, as the last couple of hills I have done ended up with an inability to walk properly and a trip to the physio.
I had a quick chat to Pat on my warm down run and hes confident the next two weeks taper will sort out the tired feeling. I'm pretty sure it will do too, as I've just a short 2 hour (since when did 2 hours become a short run!) run tomorrow and then 90minutes the week after.. then a slightly larger one, but I forget exactly what thats called :)

3 Comments:

At Fri Jun 16, 10:24:00 am, Blogger Matty said...

Good to hear from you Chelle - I was about to email to see if all was ok.

Yep, Pat is right - you peaked with your training milaege on the weekend and should feel fresher as you get further into the taper next week and beyond.

 
At Fri Jun 16, 11:19:00 am, Blogger Clairie said...

It's called the Gold Coast Marathon!!!!!!!!

 
At Fri Jun 16, 03:44:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

You were flying on the 5 minute things Chelle, I lost sight of you very fast. So you are moving well. And being sensible too with backing off on the hill in the Gardens. You guys looked great running up and down that, we were kinda jealous that we couldn't join in.

Its going to be an interesting couple of weeks for sure. Hard to beleive its only 16 days to the big whatever it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home