Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Saturday 24 June 2006

Last long run


This morning was my last long run, well for a week anyway. I'm sure the days are meant to be getting longer now, but when my alarm went off at 6am it was still pretty dark outside. I didnt end up leaving home until almost 7am in the end, it was still pretty dark then too!

The plan today was for a 90min run. I thought it would be good to test myself a little bit, try and keep the pace around 5.10's and look out for any niggles that might be lurking. I felt great this morning, I guess thats what an easier week of runnin does for you. For my first 5km the garmin was reading just under or right on 5min/k. It started to rain a bit as I begun to head along Shorncliffe, there were still a surprising amount of runners out though, I bet a few of them will be down there next weekend too.

As I was almost at the end of the walkway I spotted an Asics van, I thought that was a little strange for sleeply shorncliffe, then I realised it was actually the Run Inn as this morning was their monthly 5km TT. Hannah, Sam, Robbie & Schultzy were still there chatting and so I stopped for 5 mins to catch up with them (and rather ignorantly actually forgot to ask about the TT - sorry guys!). Schultzy is wanting to do a sub 4 at the GCM also and is talking about running a 5.30 pace, just 10secs quicker than the 4hour group... tempting, I will be keeping my eyes open for him come Sunday.

Got home just as the rain really started to come down hard, less than the desired 90mins, but only 10mins less so I think I'll let myself off the hook. Averaged 5.05's for the run, the knee niggle is still lurking but only down I've stopped...

7 Comments:

At Sat Jun 24, 06:47:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Not long to go now Chelle. How exciting for you. Rest up & look after yourself this week. See you next weekend!

 
At Sat Jun 24, 07:05:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Forget the 5:30pacing - you'll be much faster than that. I think you should be looking at the 3:45 pacing group. It will push you but you will still be comfortable. I think you have it in you for a 3:40 but you need to look after your injury to make sure it doesn't return - so listen to your body.

I have faith in you. So don't underestimate yourself. Ask Pat what you think you should run at. Let him know all your info - ie what you run your long run at, your TT results etc etc and he will be able to make an informed decision.

 
At Sat Jun 24, 09:02:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ah, so that's where everyone was this morning. Well, not everyone but lots of people. It was a rare quiet day at The Regatta.

That final long run should have you brimming with confidence Chelle - 5:05 pace is great.

Hope you figure out exactly what your goal is before Tuesday, remember we have to try to run our race pace then!

 
At Sat Jun 24, 09:26:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

lots of surprises for the run - always makes it more enjoyable bumping into people unexpectedly. Hope next week is easy on you now :)

 
At Sun Jun 25, 08:53:00 am, Blogger Toasty said...

That's a great run to have finished and it puts you right at the start line with all the hundreds of km's of training behind you. How exciting, you are ready to go!!!

 
At Sun Jun 25, 04:33:00 pm, Blogger Hannah said...

LOL - no worries - was nice to see you out and about!

 
At Mon Jun 26, 11:25:00 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Hope you have a great run and enjoy the weekend.
Nice image looking out to sea :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home