Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 29 June 2006

Am I ready?

I guess you don't ever know if you're ready to do your first marathon until you've done it, however I thought I would make a note of my preparation over the last few months for future marathons (thats assuming I survive this one of course!)


Average Week (from March)
Monday - rest
Tuesday - Pats session
Wednesday - mid-week puppy run
Thursday - Pats session
Friday - rest
Saturday - long run
or
Saturday - shorter run +
Sunday - race

Average Km's per week;
Feb - 15
March - 28
April - 46
May - 56
June - 46

'Little Helpers'
- Daily iron tablet
- Vitamin C (more routinely than the previous 'when i remember to (and then take 4 to make up for forgetting all week)')
- Post run sports drink
- massage x 3
- physio; every week pre-March
- stretching sessions
- ipod and garmin, because I couldnt do those solo longruns without them :)


I was feeling really good up until Monday, then it dawned me there was less than a week to go and consequently I have been suffering from the known running disease 'taperious hypochrondriacous' this week. My knee has genuinely been giving me some trouble, I think it is muscle sore rather than anything else, the first few reps were sore this morning but then I seemed to be okay. I have booked in for a massage, I wanted to get it on Wednesday or Thursday, perhaps everyone else had the same idea because she was booked out all week and I'm going Friday now instead, will be better than not going at all.

I-pod is fully loaded, garmin is on its charging dock, my biggest decision at the moment is whether to wear my new PCRG cap or the cool running one, and then how to simultaneously pack for my Cairns conference that I am flying directly to on Monday morning :)

So, am I ready to run a marathon.. I don't know, but I sure as hell am ready to give it my best shot!!

8 Comments:

At Thu Jun 29, 05:55:00 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

You sound ready to me! Seems like there'll be heaps of people there and a great atmosphere...enjoy the experience :)

 
At Thu Jun 29, 07:08:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Ready as ready will ever be miss bakery person. You'll do fantastically Chelle :)

Can't wait to cheer you in chicky

 
At Fri Jun 30, 11:20:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Are you wearing a PCRG top? If so I'd be tempted to go with the CR cap. That would guarentee maximum cheering!

 
At Fri Jun 30, 11:22:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Bad spelling ... guarantee.

 
At Fri Jun 30, 05:38:00 pm, Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

Taperious hypochrondriacous... I suffer from that too! In fact, so often, that I've gotten to the point I get nervous if I don't get a niggle on race week.

 
At Fri Jun 30, 06:36:00 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

Have a great run on your debut. Enjoy it!

 
At Tue Jul 04, 08:29:00 pm, Blogger Toasty said...

were you ready .. i know the answer to this one!!!!!!

Yeah for you

 
At Thu Jul 06, 09:13:00 am, Blogger R2B said...

so how did you go??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home