Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 24 June 2005

all messed up....

Well, I've not run since Tuesday morning now, and after going to the physio today it'll be at least Tuesday before I run again. My right leg and lower back is all screwed up (I'm sure he used a more technical term!) and I now have anti-inflamatories, a walking and a strenghthing programme to follow over the weekend, then he will tell me Tuesday whether I can run at the GC and with or without the aid of a cortisone injection.... not too sure about that one. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

3 Comments:

At Fri Jun 24, 02:19:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Oh Chelle, what is going on?

What NSAID are you taking? What stretches are you doing? Has the injury been diagnosed - even to a general area of injury like your hip or ITB or knee?

Hope you come through it over the next few days. You have the base in you now so even if you take the time off you will still manage Gold Coast.

I won't be doing Gold Coast (sniff sniff) but the risk is just far to great and I miss all you guys so much that I can't afford another month or two off running for just one race.

Hope I hear of improvements here real soon. :)

 
At Fri Jun 24, 04:39:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

"Screwed up" is a good way of describing it, Chelle...medical; term or not! As far as I know (& I've had a couple of them) cortisone injections are only at their best about 2 weeks after having them....ask about that on Tuesday. I think if you totally rest now, you'll do Ok on the day; I know for sure that unless it was impossible to run, I wouldn't give up at this stage...probably not good advice, but that's me!

 
At Sun Jun 26, 11:49:00 am, Blogger Clairie said...

Cmon Chelle, we need an update. How is the leg going over the weekend? Does it seem to be healing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home