Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 26 June 2005

Just walking

Really missed my Saturday morning run this weekend, cant believe its less than a week till GC and I can't run!! Been doing my strengthing exercises, taking the pills and 30mins walking a day, no big change, if anything it seems to hurt more, perhaps thats just because I'm more aware of it now. Not holding my breath about GC at the moment but trying to remain positive until Tuesdays physio session at least. I think though at this stage, if I do run my only goal is going to be to finish, probably 2hours plus....... :( Ho-hum, must think happy thoughts, reckon theres some chocolate around somewhere to help with that!!!

4 Comments:

At Mon Jun 27, 08:49:00 am, Blogger Jen said...

Chocolate does cure all if you ask me ! I know its difficult but try to stay positive about GC. Hope it goes well at the physio tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the weekend. J

 
At Mon Jun 27, 11:00:00 am, Blogger Clairie said...

Heh Chelle,

we can be Cheerleaders together! I am running again but not going to risk it by running at GC. But damned if I am going to miss out on the party of the year!

Hope you get some good news soon.

 
At Mon Jun 27, 02:29:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

chelle, chelle, chelle ... do you really want me to be scolding you every time you leave a post??

OK - take it easy now babe. Seriously, there is nothing wrong with tapering a week or even two weeks out. Some of my best races have happened after virtually no running a fortnight before the race. Just take it easy - you're not going to get any fitter from now till the weekend. Enjoy the rest :)

 
At Mon Jun 27, 03:56:00 pm, Blogger Matty said...

Hang in there Chelle and remember "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" - Nitsche

 

Post a Comment

<< Home