Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 1 July 2005

Going down the Gold Coast!!!

Not done my blog for a little while; partly to do with the fact I've not been running, but more to do with end of financial year taking over my life for the week!


Physio on Tuesday was good, he seemed pretty pleased with the increased movement in my leg and apparently some of the tighteness in my back had reduced (still hurt when he was pushing around on it though!!). He suggested I try doing a 30min run that night and go from there.....

30 mins of running around the block in the pouring rain probably wasnt the best way to test out my leg, however, test it out it did. I felt like I'd lost all co-ordination and there was definitely some pain at the top of my leg. After ten mins I'd had enough and decided to turn back and go home, I couldn't run 10mins pain-free, no way was I going to manage the Half. After about 15mins though I got in to a bit more of a steady rhythm and while there was a definite pull on my leg, the pain seemed to subside and I found myself relaxing and starting to enjoy the run. I did another loop and finished after 27mins. The next big test was going to be how I felt the next morning, as previously every run had finished with a bit of pain, but this had increased over time. After ice, stretching, anti-inflamatory pills and gel used I went off to bed.

Wednesday morning....... no pain!! Yaaay!! On the physio's information, there is no need for cortisone and up to me if I run on the weekend and what pace I set. Though no speed work or distance is recommended beforehand, and dropping the pace back was advised. Yippppeeee, GC is still an option!

Wednesday afternoon: no pain
Wednesday night: no pain
Thursday morning - Friday morning: no pain

Painfree, though having only run about 5km in the past 10 days I will be going to the GC. I have revised my goal from sub 1.50, to just finish happily... there will be other races for pb's and pushing the limits. I'm just happy to be going at all!!

Thanks to all who have posted on here, sent emails and texts enquiring how I've been going. Bit scared and no where near as confident as I was about the GC now, but I am definitely looking fwd to just being part of the event and seeing all my running friends again... I've missed you guys!! :)

2 Comments:

At Fri Jul 01, 09:33:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Chelle - that is soooooo exciting!!!!! What fantastic news.

Oh, you are going to have such a good time on Sunday. It would be kinda nice to go out there without all the pressure on yourself to do a good time. Maybe you will get to hang out with The Bee after all :-)

See ya tomorrow!

PS We've missed you too.

 
At Fri Jul 01, 01:54:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Fantabulous. Wonderfulistic. Brilliano!

See you there limpy! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home