Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 4 April 2006

TT... not as bad as I thought

It was my first TT this morning since maybe July last year, so I'd promised myself no pressure, see how it goes. I had an official goal of 'anything under 15', but knew I wouldnt really be happy if it wasnt sub 14.30.
I was running okay until about the half way mark, then I got a bit of a stitch, managed to run through within in a couple of minutes though and started to feel pretty good on the home straight. Langy and Matty were good enough to pick me up about 150meters from the finish and Langy really made me sprint for the last 50meters, I was so glad, I came in at 13.57.
For some stupid reason I thought I had a PB of about 12minutes (shows how long its been since I've done a TT) but I've just had a look at last years results and my pb was actually 12.49, the slightly higher end of 12minutes! So actually this made me feel quite a lot better, I'm only just over a minute away and given that a couple of months ago I was running 6m/ks I'm quite happy with todays effort of 4.40s.... onwards and upwards!

3 Comments:

At Tue Apr 04, 03:53:00 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Not a bad TT 'chelle.
You obviously weren't expecting to go so well so you she be very pleased with yourself!

R2B

 
At Tue Apr 04, 04:35:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Heh Chelle, brilliant effort.

You never had ITB......you were doing secret training heh!!!

 
At Tue Apr 04, 09:06:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Great stuff Chelle. I thought you were going a little faster than 5 minute pace!

And don't worry, that PB will be about 12 minutes before you know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home