Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Monday 3 April 2006

Two walks, some pilates and a sore neck!

Sunday, 2nd April
I resisted the temptation on Sunday morning to go for a run, and took the dog out for a 30min walk/runaround. Unfortunately we lost the ball within the first 2 minutes, but he seemed quite happy off his lead running around in the wet, muddy, smelly (yuck) water. On our way home we were just at the top of the footbridge over the highway when a trailer lost its load. It stopped momentarily and then just drove off; I watched almost behind my hands as cars and trucks swerved across into the other lane to avoid the debris. From our house we would be able to hear a crash and I wasnt too keen on that idea, so when I got back home I did my good turn of the day and called the local police to come and sort it out.

I decided to do some pilates after that, I use to go to classes every week and swear by it, unfortunately I cannot seem to find a suitable class time anymore so a DVD is the next best option. I did an exercise though that must have put a bit too much pressure on my neck (I should have bothered to find the floor mat) and I now have a very sore neck, like I slept funny almost.

I headed down to New Farm park for lunch with some friends but at about 3.30pm decided to head home to take puppy to the beach, when I got there though my partners 3 year old niece was there so I was pulled in to a game of Barbie and it became too dark for a trip to the beach, so we headed down the park and played ball for 30minutes before walking back home.

Monday, 3rd April
I'm doing nothing today, my neck is still sore, plus it is TT tomorrow. I have no great aspirations and am treating this as my first time trial ever and will just aim to put a time on the board to better in future months to come.

3 Comments:

At Mon Apr 03, 12:13:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Sounds like a good plan Chelle to rest up in time for tomorrow.

Fresh start for you. Now is the time to set the bar so you can see your continued improvement each month.

See you there in the morning!

 
At Mon Apr 03, 02:01:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Hope your neck gets better soon Chelle.

Will see ya at the TT. I'll be treating it as just a run as well. Hey, maybe we can encourage some of the back markers .... then again, I probably will be the back marker :-)

 
At Mon Apr 03, 11:36:00 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Hi Chelle,
Just checking your blog out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home